Statement of intent

Statement of intent 

Product 1 – Magazine 

I have chosen brief 3 of Magazines and Online. I am going to produce two magazine front covers and two contents pages to suit the target audience of a socially conscious 16–25, middle to upmarket demographic. I will make it suitable for retail distribution. I will use at least four different main images, using original photography. I will use multiple different models from a range of social groups, including ethnicities, genders and sexualities. I will name my magazine Twentyfour, it will be presented through the serif and sans-serif fonts ‘Playfair Display Bold’ and ‘Helvetica Bold’, paired with a white and black colour scheme. This will convey a formal yet aesthetically pleasing look to the magazine, which will appeal to my target audience. I will use a variety of cover lines using the same typography to uphold a consistent brand identity. An example of a coverline used will be ‘How to deal with the uncertainty of exams’, which will appeal to my target audience as they are able to relate. I will use a different mise-en-scene for each cover; however, I will keep the same editing style to uphold brand identity. 


My first edition of the magazine will be of an Asian woman in front of a bright blue background, it will be vibrant to represent an optimistic outlook of the new year. I will choose appropriate clothing for all models. It will be based around celebrating culture and highlight current cultural issues.

My second edition of the magazine will feature two ethnically diverse, male and female teenagers in masks. This edition will focus on teenagers during the pandemic, hence the cover image.


Product 2 – Website 


For Twentyfour’s website, I will use a gallery of images using a variety of people to promote my magazine and the brand identity for a socially conscious audience. On my website, I will use the fonts ‘Playfair Display Bold’ for headings, and ‘Helvetica Bold’ for subheadings and text. This will be the same typography as used in my magazine, I will also retain synergy through the monochromatic colour scheme.


In this website, I will include features such as:

- Audio visual content, the video will be of a girl painting, which will relate to the next issue of the magazine. The audio will be on trend music which will appeal to my target audience

- Logo, menu bar and articles

- Text featuring segments of the magazine

- Articles linked page which can be accessed by clicking on the title 'pandemic pandemonium'

- Multiple original images featured 


I will acknowledge the digitally convergent nature of my media products through a synergy of typography, colour pallet, images and layouts. I will include images of my front covers on the homepage accompanied by a subscribe button. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Note to Moderator

Task 1

Task 3